INGREDIENTS:1 ½ cups dried cranberries
¼ cup ground ginger
2 Tbsps. granulated garlic
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
2/3 cup honey
14 6-oz. rainbow trout fillets
1 cup off-dry Johannisberg Riesling
3 quarts mixed greens
2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
28 orange sections
Orange zest for garnish
Warm Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: 3 cups
1 cup leeks, julienned
1 Tbsp. oil
¼ cup sugar
2 Tbsp. dry white wine
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 cup orange juice
¾ cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup olive oilDIRECTIONS:1. Warm orange vinaigrette (recipe follows)
2. Place first 5 ingredients (dried cranberries through lemon pepper)in a food processor. Process until finely chopped finely; reserve.
3. Heat honey; brush each fillet with about 2 tsps. Honey. Sprinkle each fillet with about 1 tbsp. cranberry mixture. Reserve.
4. Per Order: Pour 1 tbsp. wine over trout. Place skin-side down on lightly oiled sheet pan; bake at 350oF until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
5. While fish is baking, toss 1 cup salad greens with 1 tbsp. vinaigrette. Line plate with tossed greens.
6. To Serve: Split fillet; overlap on greens. Drizzle ½ tbsp. vinaigrette on split fillet. Garnish with orange zest.
For Warm Orange Vinaigrette:
1. Saute leeks in oil. Add sugar and cook until caramelized.
2. Deglaze pan with wine.
3. Stir in cranberries, simmer 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Whist in olive oil. Keep warm.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 490; Fat 23.7g; Protein 38.7g; Carbohydrates 31.7g; Sodium 586 mg; Cholesterol 97 mg; Fiber 2.5g
Nutritional data and analyses for recipes that appear in food management are obtained from Computrition, Inc.
SERVINGS:14 servingsFrom:Recipes from Clear Springs Foods