In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, Fly Pie, drive-thru pizza with a side of 'eatertainment,' planned for Las Vegas market, ranked as the week’s top story. The new concept by the creator of the “CSI” television franchise partnered with some restaurant industry veterans to create a new, airplane-themed drive-thru pizza restaurant that incorporates unique entertainment elements.. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- 6 forward-looking restaurants we’re dying to try in 2021;
- Mighty Quinn’s partners with New York City-based Otto’s Tacos for pandemic-era delivery solution; and
- How independent operators can compete with deeper pocketed chains (and consumer apathy).
In other news, Washington, D.C. restaurant workers targeted to receive vaccines starting Feb. 1, but other city and state vaccination schedules remain unclear, how Reginald O. Mack found pandemic-era success at his In a Minute Café, Philadelphia restaurant group leans into the word of the year — pivot — launching new concept Pivot Coffee and Soupery, complete with outdoor igloos for the winter opening.
Other top stories:
- Americans begin receiving $600 stimulus checks
- Here’s what restaurant operators need to know about filing for an employee retention tax credit, according to an accountant; and
- PepsiCo launches Dig In initiative, hopes to bring $100 million in business to Black-owned restaurants over 5 years.