In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, restaurant relief overwhelmingly passed by bipartisan Senate ranked as the week’s top story. A budget resolution amendment meant to provide relief for the restaurant industry was passed 90-10 in the Senate Thursday. The proposal for $15 per hour federal minimum wage did not pass during the "vote-a-rama" on Friday morning. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Democrats introduce restaurant bailout in 2021 budget resolution;
- C3 expands with Graduate Hotels, preps wide rollout of hybrid virtual restaurant model; and
- Independent restaurants are scheduled to get some love during the biggest advertising time slot of the year: the Super Bowl.
In other news, meet the independent restaurant operators on the 2021 Power List: 16 who embody resilience and inclusive leadership, New York, California, D.C., Louisiana ease COVID restrictions on restaurant dining; and Automat Kitchen puts modern spin on classic no-contact format.
Other top stories:
- The $120 billion RESTAURANTS Act was reintroduced in Congress: Here’s what that could mean for independent restaurants and small chains;
- Preventing workplace harassment during a pandemic: Advice from restaurateurs; and
- Rising Stars: Mike Minelli on taking ownership of his first restaurant.