In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, this week's edition of New on the Menu featuring Matzoh brittle and a hot chicken ice cream sandwich ranked as the week’s top story. See what indies across the country added to menus this week including a cocktail celebrating D.C.’s cherry blossom festival, an oyster BLT and Greg Baxtrom’s version of a wagyu burger. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Former chef at the Plaza Hotel and The Modern Willis Loughhead finds pandemic-era stability at a country club;
- Sam Fox partners with investor Justin Timberlake on new Nashville concept; and
- Asian desserts such as mochi and hotteok enjoy growing appeal on menus.
In other news, a piece answering questions about the American Rescue Plan and the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, how mentors can turn beverage enthusiasts into professionals, The Small Business Administration will likely open up Restaurant Revitalization Fund grant applications within "weeks, not months."
Other top stories:
- 5 Things: Restaurant sales, guest sentiment improve in February;
- Asian-American restaurateurs raise money to combat violence; and
- Seven reasons why independent restaurants need to use a manager log.