In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, House Democrats introduce a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2025 ranked as the week’s top story. The Raise the Wage Act would create a schedule of planned wage increases for employees with disabilities and eliminate the tipped wage, creaating salaries for 32 million Americans. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Biden coronavirus response plan includes orders for rules on restaurant operations and worker safety;
- How Cali Comfort BBQ is transforming from a full-service restaurant into a commissary servicing 10 ghost kitchens; and
- Virtual steakhouse raises the bar on delivery with “restaurant-at-home” experience.
In other news, restaurant sales are poised to climb 10.2% in 2021; but it won’t be enough to climb out of the COVID-19 hole yet, National Restaurant Association says, how restaurants can survive the next three months of COVID-related shutdowns, preventing workplace harassment during a pandemic: Advice from restaurateurs.
Other top stories:
- California restaurants can start table service outside again;
- Nala Robotics joins restaurant automation trend; and
- How an independent restaurant group is approaching worker vaccines.
See this week's trending stories on Restaurant Hospitality.