In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, The Small Business Administration will likely open up Restaurant Revitalization Fund grant applications within "weeks, not months," ranked as the week’s top story. After the bill was voted on initially by the House on March 1, the Senate increased the amount of money for restaurants from the initially proposed $25 billion to $28.6 billion. The funding would be divided into government-funded grants with a maximum of $10 million per restaurant group or $5 million per individual restaurant location. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- Biden signs COVID-19 stimulus package with $28.6 billion in restaurant relief into law;
- Clay Conley’s Ember Management Group creates three-in-one virtual restaurant in West Palm Beach; and
- Michael Lewis plots expansion of Scotch and Bacon while still focusing on the kitchen.
In other news, we found what's New on the Menu: Bombay hot chicken and breakfast pizza, five emerging restaurant brands with potential for growth as pandemic restrictions lift, fast-casual spinoffs that are here to stay.
Other top stories:
- 10 new restaurants we’re dying to try this spring;
- Year of the oxtail: Braise-friendly cut has broad appeal; and
- 5 Things: New CDC study links on-premise dining to higher COVID-19 rates and mask mandates to lower infection rates.