In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, restaurants and restaurant groups that filed for bankruptcy during the COVID-19 pandemic ranked as the week’s top story. Amid coronavirus, many restaurants were sold through the bankruptcy process including vegan chain by Chloe, Bamboo Sushi, Maison Kaysar and more. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- New on the Menu: A fish breakfast sandwich and cherry blossom-inspired crudo;
- Notable restaurants that closed during the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Art Smith previews Reunion, a restaurant he’s opening in Chicago this fall.
In other news, learn how Chado Tea brewed success and growth through the pandemic, 5 things from the past week including vegan restaurant By Chloe acquired out of bankruptcy, "Top Chef" contestant and former Butterfunk owner Chris Scott talks about closing and reopening and finding new opportunities in ghost kitchens.
Other top stories:
- New York restaurants temporarily allowed to open past COVID-19-mandated 11 p.m. curfew;
- Chicago restaurateur prepares Savory Crust empanada concept to take flight at airports and
- The Small Business Administration will likely open up Restaurant Revitalization Fund grant applications within ‘weeks, not months’.
See what was trending this week.