INGREDIENTS:2 cups onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive off
1 cup canned green chilies, drained, chopped
½ cup taco seasoning mix
1 qt. canned tomatoes
3-½ qts. turkey stock
3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 lbs. turkey, cubed
2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
12 oz. tortilla chips, crushed
6 oz. lowfat Monterey jack cheese, shreddedDIRECTIONS:1. Cook onions in oil over medium heat unil soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the chiles and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes with the juice, breaking up the tomatoes.
4. Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Add corn and turkey, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cilantro and remove from heat.
6. To serve: ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with ½ oz. of crushed tortillas and ¼ oz. shredded cheese.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 211 (80% from fat); Fat 10g (sat 3.1g); Protein 13.2g; Carbohydrates 18.1g; Chol. 27mg (cholesterol per day 9%); Sodium 878mg(sodium per day 36%) Fiber 2.7g (fiber per day 13%)
SERVINGS:24 servingsFrom:Submitted by Sheryl Harding, Foodservice Director, San Diego Hospice, San Diego, CA