Headquarters: Forth Worth
Annual Sales: $30 million
• Tim Love, chef/owner
• Jason Tighe, c.f.o.
• Katelyn Fitzgerald, v.p. of ops & training
• Robert Luna, v.p. of ops and culinary
• Julia Tighe, v.p. of operations, private dining & special events
• Woodshed Smokehouse (wood-fired meats)
• White Elephant Saloon (a hony-tonk with great food, drinks and live music)
• Queenie’s Steakhouse (a steakhouse that converts to a doughnut pop-up late-night Fridays and Saturdays)
• Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
(urban western cuisine with two units)
• The Love Shack (a classic burger joint with two units)
• A third unit of Lonesome Dove
• A third unit of Love Shack
WHY IT’S COOL: While many chefs and restaurants have been pushing Southern cuisine to the forefront in recent years, the clear sheriff of urban western cuisine is Tim Love. His Texas restaurants epitomize the best of what cowboy culture offers. And despite his aw shucks demeanor, the guy is a smart businessman who even has his own show on CNBC called Restaurant Startup, where he invests his own money in restaurant concepts with great potential. Love also recently teamed up with Paso Robles winemaker Austin Hope to create a rosé called Love & Hope. Tim Love loves what he does and we’re all lucky for it.