New York City
Annual Sales: $90 million
• John Meadow, founder/principal
• American Cut (a NYC steakhouse helmed by chef/partner Marc Forgione in NYC)
• Barchetta (Mediterranean seafood, helmed by chef/partner David Pasternack).
• D.O.C.G. Enoteca (casual Italian steakhouse/wine bar in Vegas
• Diamond Horseshoe (a space beneath the Paramount Hotel in NYC that offers a blend of theater and dining).
• Lugo Cucina Italiana (a modern Italian restaurant that captures the convivial charm of Fellini’s Rome of the 1960s.)
• No. 8 (a bilevel restaurant and lounge located in the heart of New York City’s thriving Chelsea art district)
• Paramount Bar & Grill (a new American restaurant at the Paramount Hotel)
• The Beach Club (at Montauk/Gurney’s Resort & Seawater Spa)
• Tillie’s (American at Montauk/Gurney’s Resort & Seawater Spa)
• Corso Coffee (an Italian-style coffee bar with units in Atlanta, NYC and Montauk/Gurney’s Resort and Seawater Spa, Montauk)
• Dolce Italian (a modern Italian restaurant in Chicago and Miami)
• Rec Room (a lounge space reminiscent of a friend’s 1970s basement, with units in Miami and NYC)
• Regent Cocktail Club (a blend of a classic cocktail bar and lounge)
• Scarpetta (stylish Italian with units in Beverly Hills, NYC, Miami, Las Vegas and Montauk/Gurney’s Resort)
• American Cut (a unit of the steakhouse will open this fall)
• American Cut Bar & Grill (a version of the steakhouse opening in San Juan, Puerto Rico this fall)
• Dolce Italian (a new unit will open this fall in Atlanta)
WHY IT’S COOL:
John Meadow began the company 10 years ago at the ripe age of 24. In the following decade he’s consistently pushed the envelope, creating a diverse portfolio of restaurants everyone his age or any age would have on his or her must-go-to list. This year alone he’s expanding the LDV portfolio with several new nationwide openings and has taken his act on the road to Puerto Rico with American Cut Bar & Grill. Instead of hiring corporate chefs, his modus operandi is to form partnerships with top chefs, including Marc Forgione and David Pasternack. At age 35, Meadow is an unstoppable force of nature.