Headquarters: Miami Beach
Annual Sales: $55 million
• Karim Masri, cofounder/managing partner
• Nicola Siervo, co-founder/managing partner
• The Dutch Miami (James Beard Award winner Andrew Carmellini’s homage to his culinary road trips across America)
• Wall Lounge (a W South Beach nightlife destination)
• Living Room Bar & Lounge (a sultry nighttime playground with an innovative mixology program)
• Seagrape (a Floridian brasserie featuring the food of James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein at the Thompson Hotel)
• 1930’s House (a historic, intimate Spanish-inspired beach house hideaway at the Thompson Hotel)
• Crown Room (an intimate space where guests indulge in classic handcrafted cocktails at the Thompson Hotel)
• Quattro Miami Gastronomia Italiana (authentic Northern Italian cuisine)
• Quattro Mexico City Gastronomia Italiana (classic Italian cooking from the Piamonte region at the J.W. Marriott Santa Fe in Mexico City)
• A 10,000-square-foot Asian concept is planned in Miami’s Design District.
• An Italian concept is also planned for the Design District
• A gourmet market from Naples, similar to Eataly, is in the works for Miami.
WHY IT’S COOL:
Miami Beach isn’t like any other city. It has its own heartbeat, its own rhythm. For that reason it’s not easy setting up shop there if you’re an outsider, and that’s why we love KNR, which lives and plays on the beach. In the land of sun and fun, KNR understands that this city comes alive late at night, so it has created playgrounds for the rich and famous (or wannabe rich and famous). But KNR isn’t all about popping the cork on Cristal. It has teamed up with some world-class chefs to create standout restaurants, including The Dutch, with chef Andrew Carmellini, and Seagrape with Michelle Bernstein. With plans to open new concepts in Miami’s burgeoning Design District, and an even more ambitious plan to open an Eataly-like concept down the road, KNR has demonstrated it has plenty of night moves.
Next: Blackhouse Hospitality
Previous: NoHo Hospitality Group