Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Charlotte, North Carolina
Description: This lasagna is a twist on the classic - featuring butternut squash, Gorgonzola cheese, fresh sage, and mozzarella layered between noodles made of everyone's favorite cookie: OREO® Cookies !
Servings One square (1/9th of lasagna) 9
For the noodles:
40g OREO® cookie pieces
205g Dark Chocolate OREO® Cookies
200g All Purpose flour
5g olive oil
5g All Purpose flour, as needed
For the squash:
18g garlic, finely chopped
350g butternut squash, cubed
For the filling:
5g fresh sage, chopped
70g gorgonzola, crumbled
425g ricotta cheese
50g heavy cream
1g fresh ground nutmeg
2.5g ground black pepper
200g finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Combine butternut squash, butter, and garlic in a small frying pan and heat on low for 35 minutes or until the squash easily breaks with a fork.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine the gorgonzola, sage, ricotta, 50g egg, heavy cream, nutmeg, black pepper, and 3g salt. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- For the noodles, place the OREO® Cookies (whole) and cookie pieces in a food processor. Pulse for 20 seconds, until OREO® Cookies are finely ground.
- Add 100g eggs, 200g flour, 5g oil, and 3g salt to the OREO® Cookies. Pulse again for 30 - 45 seconds, or until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the processor.
- Using the remaining 5g All Purpose flour, lightly flour the surface of a flat surface. Dump the noodle mixture onto the floured surface and fold to combine.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin, and evenly roll the noodle dough into a 16” x 18” rectangle, re-flouring the dough / rolling pin as needed to prevent sticking.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into 2.5” wide strips, and once in half longways, to create 12 equally sized noodles. There will be a little extra dough remaining.
- Place 3 noodles on the bottom of an 8x8” glass baking dish.
- Evenly spread 1/3rd of the cheese mixture onto the noodles. Top with 1/3rd of the garlic/squash mixture. Top with 50g of mozzarella. Repeat 2 more layers.
- Top the last layer of squash with a layer of noodles, then top with 50g mozzarella. Cover with foil.
- Place in preheated 375F oven and bake for 35 minutes, removing foil with 15 minutes remaining.
- Remove from oven, allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.