Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Description: A light white sponge roll cake, filled with crushed OREO®whipped cream and rolled with whole OREO®cookies, topped with powdered sugar and OREO®crumbs.
Servings 1 inch slices, 6
White Swiss Roll Cake:
3 egg whites
1tbsp vegetable oil
35g cake flour, sifted
OREO® Whipped Cream:
200g heavy cream
6 OREO®cookies, crushed
6 OREO® cookie sandwiches
2tbsp OREO® cookie crumbs, for garnish
Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. For the sponge cake, whip the egg whites with cornstarch until frothy.
2. Gradually add 30 grams of sugar and whip until stiff peaks forms and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, 20 grams of sugar, and milk together until combined. Sift flour and whisk into mixture.
4. Fold egg whites gently into batter in three additions until just incorporated.
5. Pour batter into double parchment lined quarter baking sheet. Two parchment sheets keep the cake stay white as it bakes.
6. Bake at 315 degrees F for 12-14 min until set. Set aside and let cool on a wire rack.
7. In a bowl, whip the heavy cream, gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in the crushed OREO®until just combined.
8. Place 1/3 of the filling in a piping bag.
9. Flip over the sheet cake and gently peel the parchment off and transfer onto a sheet of wax paper with the top of the cake facing up.
10. Using a serrated knife, trim off the short ends of the cake.
11. Spread ⅔ of the filling onto the cake lengthwise, leaving an inch border untouched.
12. Place an OREO®cookie upright on one end of the cake and using the piping bag, pipe a wall of filling and sandwich with another cookie, continue until you reach the horizontal end of the cake.
13. Using the wax paper, carefully roll the cake, making sure it's tight. Wrap it up and let chill in the fridge overnight (to let the cake set and cookies soften).
14. When it's time to serve, cut off the ends of the cake, sift powdered sugar and sprinkle cookie crumbs for garnish, and slice into 1 inch slices. Serve and enjoy!