Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Johnson & Wales University, Denver Campus
Description: Delectable treat of three of the finest varieties of OREO Cookies: OREO original, OREO Chocolate Creme, and GOLDEN OREO, all together in a moist bar.
25 OREO Cookies
2 oz. unsalted butter, melted
2-1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. unsalted butter, melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
5 OREO Chocolate Creme Cookies, crushed
7 GOLDEN OREO Cookies, crushed
1/2 lb. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat a standard oven to 325ºF.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, place OREO Cookies; process into small crumbs.
3. Add melted butter and mix well.
4. Press crumb mixture evenly into a parchment paper–lined half hotel pan with 2-inch-high sides.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and hold at room temperature.
6. In the bowl of a stand mixer, place eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Using a whip attachment, mix at medium speed until frothy, about 10 minutes.
7. Add melted butter and flour and mix thoroughly.
8. Fold in crushed OREO Chocolate Creme Cookies and pour into prepared crust, and hold.
9. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place cream cheese. Using a paddle at medium speed, beat until soft and creamy.
10. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
11. Pour topping over batter and spread evenly. Thoroughly marble Topping into batter.
12. Preheat a standard oven to 325ºF.
13. Place half hotel pan with raw ingredients into preheated oven and bake about 30 minutes; rotate pan and bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
14. Remove OREO blondies from pan. Remove parchment paper, then trim edges off OREO blondies.
15. Cut into 24 6" x 4" rectangles, then cut each rectangle on a diagonal into two triangles.
16. Drizzle melted chocolate over top and serve.