Pepperoni and sausage remain the leading pizza proteins, found on 60 percent and 59 percent of pizza menus, respectively, according to Food Genius menu research. If you’re looking for something a little different, consider these recipes featuring duck bacon, lamb sausage, porchetta and a marriage of sausage and pistachio sauce.
Food Genius menu research also notes that onions, tomatoes and mushrooms are the leading vegetables that top pizzas. These vegetables are mentioned on more than half of the pizza menus in chain and independent restaurants. But what about branching out? Herein, we offer pizza recipes featuring kale, potatoes and a selection of fruits.
• Duck Bacon Flatbread
• Agnello e Feta Pizza (Lamb and Feta)
• Spicy Porchetta Pizza
• Pistachio and Sausage Pizza
• Bloomsdale Spinach and Purple Kale Pizza
• Sophia Pizza of Thinly Sliced Potatoes, Pancetta, Rosemary and Olive Oil
• Strawberry and Goat Cheese Pizza
• Grape Naan Flatbread
• Mandarin Orange and Star Anise Chicken Pizza
• Cheddar Apple Pizza