John Folse and Rick Tramonto are the chef/owners of Restaurant R’Evolution, which offers modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine in New Orleans. The two became business partners after Folse asked Tramonto to join the effort to feed survivors and rescuers of Hurricane Katrina.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I start my day with breakfast at the Waffle House.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be John Besh because he always says he would like to be me. Besides, he’s a damn good cook and good looking, too.
3. One of my most memorable meals was at my birthday dinner at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, outside Oxford, England.
4. If there were no trinity (onions, bell peppers, celery), I’d have no reason to live.
5. My go-to drink is Ratafia (a liqueur often made with lemon peel and herbs) on crushed ice.
6. If I were on death row my last meal would be chicken and andouille gumbo with a scoop of potato salad on the rim of the bowl.
7. My worst culinary creation was any Cajun dish with Asian spices.
8. If I could change one thing about me it would be the inability to say, “No.”
9. My favorite junk food is ice cream sandwiches.
10. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be the owner of a culinary antique store.
(Continued from page 1)
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I love learning about the word of God in my bible study group.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be Pierre Gagnaire because of his mad science approach to food, his masterful technique and his ability to translate to the plate.
3. One of my most memorable meals was at Taillevent in Paris.
4. If there were no olive oil and garlic, I’d have no reason to live.
5. My go-to drink is peach Snapple.
6. If I were on death row my last meal would be a bowl of linguine with white clam sauce, a sausage and mushroom pizza and an Italian beef sandwich with hot giardiniera.
7. My worst culinary creation was oysters and chocolate.
8. If I could change one thing about me it’s that I would be a better sleeper.
9. My favorite junk food is crunchy Cheetos.
10. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be a rock star in a heavy metal band.