For over twenty years, RH has showcased future foodservice leaders through its “Rising Stars” award program. When chosen by our editors, “Rising Stars” are largely unknown individuals, but are destined for fame. To find out more about past “Rising Stars” – how they started on their path to greatness and their status when chosen, click on the “Rising Star” logo. Believe it or not, you might have what it takes to be the next Wolfgang Puck, Rich Melman, or Norman Brinker. Find out by answering the following questions:
- Has your restaurant ever received three or more stars the last time it was reviewed?
- Did you receive more than one significant promotion within the last three years?
- Have you ever published a cookbook, or at least a recipe in a magazine?
- Have you been invited on television to prepare a recipe and/or talk about your restaurant?
- Is your restaurant filled with beautiful and famous people?
- Do you have a corner office or first-class flying and luxury hotel privileges?
- Does Esquire’s John Mariani know who you are?
- Have you been offered an equity position in your restaurant or company?
- Does a publicist handle all media requests?
- Have you been profiled in restaurant hospitality magazine?
Scoring: If you answered “yes” to at least six questions, congratulations – you’re well on your way to achieving rising star status.