Headquarters: San Antonio
Annual Sales: $8 million
• Jason Dady, owner/c.e.o./chef
• Crystal Dady, owner/c.f.o.
• Jake Dady, owner/c.o.o.
• Shi Mei, director of operations
• Liza Hill-Rodriguez, director of sales and catering
• Tre Trattoria (Tuscan-inspired fare)
• Tre Enoteca (Tuscan-inspired)
• Two Bros BBQ Market (Texas pit barbecue)
• The DUK Truck (a food truck featuring an ever-evolving gourmet menu)
• B & D Ice House (barbecue and draft beeer in collaboration with The Friendly Spot & Alamo Street Eat Bar)
• Shuck Shack (casual seafood house)
• A second unit of Two Bros. BBQ Market opening in 2017
• Jason’s Bin 566 Spanish Wine & Tapas Bar opening in the fall
WHY IT’S COOL: We first crossed paths with Jason Dady 12 years ago after he had opened his first place, The Lodge Restaurant of Castle Hills in the heart of Texas Hill Country. He was young and showing the world he could do fine dining with the best of them. Dady was so good, we named him a Rising Star. But The Lodge has given way to far more casual restaurants that reflect the chef’s desire to relax his style. He’s now cooking food that’s grounded in the Italian countryside and in the grit of Texas soil. Dady’s Italian restaurants showcase his culinary talent, while the barbecue joints and seafood shack reflect a mature chef who is comfortable cooking elbows-on-the-table chow. For that we say, Yee-ha!
Next: Alexandria Restaurant Partners
Previous: Sea Creatures