Steve DiFillippo is the owner of Boston-based Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse, which has several outposts, including units in Manhattan, Philadelphia and Atlanta.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I’m crazy about my dogs and anyone else’s dogs. I’m the happiest when I’m with them.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be chef Curtis Stone. He looks like he has so much fun. Also, can you imagine looking like him?
3. If there were no meatballs—my mother’s—I’d have no reason to live. We make her meatballs with American Kobe beef and caciocavallo at Davio’s.
4. My go-to drink is Reyka Vodka on the rocks with a slice of orange or Peter Michael Pinot Noir.
5. If I were on death row my last meal would be my mom’s meatballs and a Brandt prime rib eye steak.
6. If I could change one thing about me it would be my desire for food. If I didn’t eat so much maybe I wouldn’t have to run seven miles every day.
7. My favorite junk food is chocolate chip cookies and Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream.
8. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be the owner of car dealerships like my good friend Herb Chambers.
9. If I could have a meal with anyone living or dead it would be Wolfgang Puck. I just love his spirit.
10. I would make him my mom’s meatballs, of course.