Yield: 8 servings.
- 1 lb. boneless American Lamb shoulder, trimmed of visible fat and cut into pieces of equal thickness
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. mixed salad greens
- 6 oz. raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup prepared dressing
- for garnish, feta cheese and 16 slices of baguette
In large skillet with cover, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb on all sides. Add 2 cups water. Cover and braise over low heat for 1 hour. Cool in liquid. Remove from liquid. Refrigerate or freeze remaining liquid for use in stock for soup. Cut meat into 1" pieces, removing all fat; set aside.
In salad bowl, combine greens, berries, pecans and avocados; set aside. Mix lamb with salad dressing. Toss with salad.
For garnish, spread feta cheese on slices of baguette and brown under broiler. Serve salad on plates and garnish with two slices of baguette.