There is no hotter chef in South Florida than James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz. His flagship Miami restaurant, Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, has become a must-visit for any food lover. He also operates two units of Harry’s Pizzeria, Cypress Tavern (an American grill and cocktail bar) and a breakfast/lunch joint called Ella Pop-Up Café. Schwartz also oversees foodservice for the Royal Caribbean cruise ships. Plans are in the works to open more Harry’s Pizzerias and restaurants for the SLS Group. He’s also author of a beloved cookbook, Michael’s Genuine Food: Down-to-Earth Cooking for People Who Love to Eat.
1. Smoked Spanish Paprika. I use it in everything! My son, Harry, has adopted it as his favorite ingredient as well.
2. Perfex Pepper Mill. I honestly can’t live without it.
3. Zuni. This thoughtfully written cookbook by Judy Rodgers always gives me a great perspective.
4. Rosé. I drink it all the time with everything, even steak. Sometimes people will make fun of me, but who cares? It pairs well and tastes great.
5. Seriouseats.com. It’s an awesome website.