With more than 25 years in the culinary profession, chef Robert Irvine has cooked all around the world. He is currently the host of the Food Network’s highly rated Restaurant Impossible, helping struggling restaurant operators get back on track. He previously hosted the Food Network’s Dinner: Impossible and Worst Cooks in America. He’s the author of three books, Mission Cook, Impossible to Easy and Fit Fuel: A Chef’s Guide to Eating Well, Getting Fit and Living Your Best Life. Last year he launched Robert Irvine Foods, a company that features a nutritionally improved line of food products. Here are his must-haves.
1. Justin Leonard. I don’t know what I would do without my manager Justin. He helps me get from point A to point B all day, every day. I know he always has my best interest in mind.
2. English breakfast tea. Just the smell of a hot cup of English breakfast tea calms me after a long day.
3. Crewneck tee and jeans. Unless the occasion calls for something smarter, you’ll always see me in a t-shirt and jeans. It’s become my style calling card.
4. GoldsGym.com. Besides being a huge fan of their gyms, I also enjoy their online fitness coverage, tips and insight.
5. Roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. My favorite meal since I was young has always been roast chicken and mashed potatoes. It’s simple, but not easy to perfect. Perfectly roasted chicken is incredibly satisfying.