Geoffrey Zakarian is a chef/partner of The Lambs Club and the culinary director of The Plaza, both in New York City. He also holds the title of Iron Chef and is the author of My Perfect Pantry, a host of the Food Network’s The Kitchen and a judge on Chopped.
1. Salt. I just can’t live without it. There’s just no way.
2. Ina Garten’s cookbooks. Anything she writes I love.
3. Rosé. It’s my favorite warm weather beverage.
4. Full-strength martini. One of my favorite beverage recipes is the full-strength gin martini offered on the tableside martini cart at The Palm Court at The Plaza.
5. Dutch oven. I often use one to prepare recipes from my cookbook, including Beef Barley Bisque, Roasted Black Bean Stew and Chicken Gumbo.