Dominique Crenn is the chef/owner of Michelin Two-Star Atelier Crenn and Petit Crenn in San Francisco.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I was an aspiring ballet dancer.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be Michel Bras (a celebrated French chef whose eponymous restaurant frequently appears on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list). I’d love to be in his magical world.
3. If there were no chocolate, I’d have no reason to live.
4. My go-to drink is rosé.
5. If I were on death row my last meal would be 12 oysters and a glass of rosé (Chateau d’Esclans).
6. If I could change one thing about me it would be . . . I’m happy the way I am.
7. My favorite junk food is cookies and ice cream.
8. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be a photographer.
9. If I could have a meal with anyone living or dead, it would be Mother Teresa, Charles de Gaulle, Salvador Dali and Nina Simone.
10. I would make them my mother’s whole-roasted fish, fresh from the sea, a beautiful salad and some French cheeses. Wine will be a part of the menu, of course!