Dale Talde is the chef/partner of Talde, Pork Slope and Thistle Hill Tavern in Brooklyn, NY.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I’m a diehard Chicago sports fan.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be . . . I don’t think I would want to trade places with anyone. I’m just now starting to figure myself out. I have always been a huge fan of Jean Georges, though. I’d love to just hang out with him for the day.
3. One of my most memorable meals was at Mugaritz in Spain.
4. If there was no pork — definitely pork — I’d have no reason to live.
5. My go-to drink is Jameson in the winter, tequila in the summer.
6. If I were on death row my last meal would be so many things—prime rib, a great burger, pork fried rice and mac and cheese. It would be a really big meal.
7. My worst culinary creation was Asian-style fish and chips. It was terrible and I apologize to anyone who had to eat it.
8. If I could change one thing about me I would be healthier. But I just love junk food.
9. My favorite junk food is Popeye’s fried chicken.
10. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be a basketball player or a member of the Jabbawockeez, champions of America’s Best Dance Crew competition.