Alessandro “Alex” Stratta is best known for heading the kitchens at Renoir at The Mirage and Michelin two-star Alex at the Wynn, both on the strip in Las Vegas. He’s currently focusing on projects off the strip, including Tapas by Alex Stratta in Tivoli Village.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I love to study. Reading philosophy, ancient history, anthropology and metaphysics is something I really enjoy doing, when I have a bit of free time.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be chef Alain Chapel (an originator of nouvelle cuisine). Everyone who knew him respected his culinary skills and his compassionate nature.
3. If there were no salt and olive oil, I’d have no reason to live.
4. My go-to drink is mango-passion fruit juice.
5. If I were on death row my last meal would be of no consequence. I don’t think I’d have much of an appetite.
6. My worst culinary creation was chipotle risotto.
7. If I could change one thing about me I would be more patient and forgiving.
8. My favorite junk food is apple fritters.
9. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be a first-grade teacher.
10. If I could have a meal with anyone living or dead, I’d invite Carl Jung and Mel Brooks.