Yield: 12 servings.
Ginger Lemon Grass Glaze:
- 3 cups hoisin sauce, commercially prepared
- 11⁄2 cups lime juice, fresh
- 3 Tbsp. lemongrass, fresh, minced
- 3 Tbsp. ginger, fresh, minced
* * *
- 60 Tyson® Oven Roasted Wings & Drummies, 1st and 2nd joints, Fully Cooked, Unbreaded, Unglazed, 5 lb., frozen
- Cumin Frizzled Noodles:
- 12 cellophane noodle bundles, dry
- 6 Tbsp. cumin, ground
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, roasted, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- 11⁄2 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 11⁄2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. fish sauce, commercially prepared
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 11⁄2 cups Napa cabbage, fresh, shredded
- 11⁄2 cups red cabbage, fresh, shredded
- 11⁄2 cups carrots, fresh, shredded
- 24 red onion slices, 1⁄8”, fresh for garnish, 24 cilantro sprigs, fresh
For ginger lemongrass glaze: Combine ingredients in saucepan and mix thoroughly. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1- 2 minutes, or until flavors are blended. Reserve.
For chicken: Place wings on parchment- lined sheet pans. Heat in preheated convection oven at 400°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and coat wings evenly with 31⁄4 cups glaze (reserve remaining glaze for plate assembly). Heat wings 5 to 6 minutes or until fully heated and glaze is hot and bubbly. Remove from oven. Keep warm above 140°F.
For cumin frizzled noodles: Working in single bundle batches, deep-fry noodles at 350°F for 30-60 seconds, or until noodles puff up and turn white. Remove from fryer and drain. Repeat until all bundles are fried. Sprinkle 11⁄2 tsp. cumin evenly over each noodle bundle. Reserve.
For Vietnamese slaw: Combine vinegar, peanuts, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, fish sauce and cumin in bowl and mix thoroughly. Reserve. Combine cabbage, carrots and red onion slices in bowl and toss to blend. Add reserved dressing and combine thoroughly. Cover and chill to hold.
To assemble single serving: Arrange 5 wings on plate with 1⁄2 cup slaw. Portion 2 Tbsp. glaze in ramekin and place on plate. Garnish plate with 1 bundle noodles and 2 cilantro sprigs.