Boca Raton, FL
Annual Sales: $19.9
• Burt Rapoport, founder/president
• Eric Clark, v.p.
• Henry’s (classic and contemporary comfort food)
• Bogart’s Bar & Grille (modern American cuisine in a 20-theater complex)
• Deck 84 (a waterfront dining destination)
• Burt & Max’s (classic and new-American cuisine cooked over wood)
• Rappy’s Deli (a deli-inspired restaurant scheduled for a fall opening)
WHY IT’S COOL: Versatility is key for the success of any restaurant group, and Rapoport’s has it. On one hand, it has the spectacular Deck 84 (voted a Top 100 Al Fresco Dining Restaurant by Open Table), and on the other is Bogart’s, which is located in a theater complex. There, theater-goers can dine on modern American cuisine before, during or after a movie. In the fall comes Rappy’s Deli, a soulful concept that pays homage to owner Burt Rapoport’s father, “Rappy,” who operated his own New York deli for decades. The more choices customers have, the more opportunity they have to spend money with you.