Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Catering Operation
Ethnicity: New American
Meal Type: Sandwich, Wrap
Preparation Method: Grill
Product Type: Turkey Burger, Ground Turkey
Dish Type: Burger
|Apple Chutney |
|1 Tablespoon unsalted butter |
|1-1/2 Medium shallots, minced |
|1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced |
|3 Tablespoons sugar |
|3 Tablespoons dry white wine |
|2 Ounces apple juice |
|3 Medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and small dice |
|2 Medium star anise |
|1/2 Medium lemon, juiced |
|3/4 Bunch scallions, thinly sliced |
- In a non-reactive saucepan, sauté shallots and ginger in butter on medium-high heat until translucent. Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved and begins to caramelize.
- Deglaze pan with wine, apple juice and reduce by one-third.
- Add diced apple.
- Wrap star anise in cheesecloth and add to pan. Simmer on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, stir and remove from heat to cool. Remove cheesecloth with star anise. Fold in scallions.
|Turkey Burgers |
|2-3/4 Pounds LEAN GROUND TURKEY |
|1-1/2 Large Spanish onions, chopped |
|3 Tablespoons chopped garlic |
|1/2 Bunch Italian parsley, chopped |
|1 cup + 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated |
|3 Tablespoons olive oil |
|3/4 Cup Apple Chutney |
|To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper |
- Combine ground turkey with onions, garlic and parsley. Mix in Parmesan, olive oil and Apple Chutney. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix well and form into 8-ounce patties.
|Service and Plating |
|8 brioche buns |
|16 Leaves green leaf lettuce, washed and chilled |
- Grill turkey burger until golden brown. Finish in hot oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Toast buns.
- Place lettuce leaves atop brioche bottoms and top with turkey burgers. Place 2-ounces Apple Chutney atop each burger.
- Lean top of bun against turkey burger. Serve with chips or fries.
|Nutrition Facts |
|Calories 560 Calories from Fat 140 |
|% Daily Value* |
|Total Fat 16g ||25% |
|Saturated Fat 4.5g ||23% |
|Cholesterol 75mg ||25% |
|Sodium 760mg ||32% |
|Total Carbohydrate 54g ||18% |
|Dietary Fiber 4g ||16% |
|Sugars 17g || |
|Protein 51g || |
|Vitamin A 40% || ||Vitamin C 30% |
|Calcium 25% || ||Iron 30% |
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on you calorie needs: |
| ||Calories: ||2000 ||2500 |
|Total Fat ||Less than ||65g ||80g |
|Sat Fat ||Less than ||20g ||25g |
|Cholesterol ||Less than ||300mg ||300mg |
|Sodium ||Less than ||2,400mg ||2,400mg |
|Total Carbohydrate || ||300g ||375g |
|Dietary Fiber || ||25g ||30g |
|Calories per gram: |
|Fat 9 || ||Carbohydrate 4 || ||Protein 4 |