Establishment: Restaurant, Home Meal Replacement, Catering Operation
Meal Type: Main Course, Entrée
Preparation Method: Saute, Bake
Product Type: Turkey Thighs, Turkey Sausage - Other Varieties
1/2 Pound unsalted butter
1 Pound TURKEY SAUSAGE, 1-inch dice
2 Pounds TURKEY THIGHS, skin removed & cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Cups bell peppers, seeded and diced
2 Cups celery, diced
2 Cups onions, diced
2 Cups tomatoes, diced
2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
1 Cup tomato sauce
3 Cups converted rice
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon black pepper
4 Teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 Teaspoons dried thyme
4 Medium bay leaves
2 Teaspoons dried oregano
1-1/2 Quarts TURKEY STOCK
As needed green onions, chopped fine
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add sausage and turkey. Cook until browned.
- Add one half of the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables, rice, herbs and spices. Stir until all the rice is coated.
- Add stock and stir together.
- Place in a steam table pan and cover tightly. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour.
- Garnish each entrée portion with chopped green onions.