Almond Petits Fours
Bring a little extra sweet inspiration into your life with these petite treats.
They’re ideal for a crowd, or enjoying with more intimate company.
Ingredients & Directions
Pinch kosher salt
- To make your own almond flour, put no more than 8 ounces of blanched slivered almonds in a food processor and blend, stopping often to stir the almonds around to redistribute them, until very fine; be careful not to pulverize them into a paste. Strain them through a medium strainer and regrind any pieces of almonds that remain in the strainer.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray 36 1 oz. barquette molds or Fleximolds and place them on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and continue to cook, swirling the butter until it is a rich golden brown with a nutty fragrance. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the sugar, almond flour, salt, and flour in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the egg whites and beat at medium speed for about 1 minute, until well combined.
- Mix in the butter.
- Note: If using homemade almond flour, place it with the granulated sugar in a food processor. Blend to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into each mold, filling it about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of each mold. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, then remove the financiers from the molds.
- Top with sliced almonds and dust the tops of the financiers with confectioner’s sugar.
Table of Contents