Ingredients & Directions
1 1/2 tsp.
1 1/2 C.
1 (28 to 32 oz.)
10 (5 oz.)
Garlic cloves, minced
Onions, finely chopped
Dried oregano, crumbled
Dried hot red pepper flakes
Green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
Dry red wine
Can diced tomatoes
Bottled clam juice
FPI SimpleServ Cod Loins
Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Fresh oregano leaves
- Cook garlic, onions, bay leaf, oregano, and red pepper flakes with salt and pepper in oil in an 8-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper and tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by about half, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, clam juice, and broth and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a hot large braising pan, sear cod loins for 4 minutes on one side.
- Flip cod and add remaining seafood.
- Slowly add stew base and simmer until mussels have opened and cod is cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread.