Sponsored by Mondelēz International
Watz Your Culinary Professor
The flavor of the product works well in multiple meal applications, brunch, dessert and late night dining specials.
It was an honor to work on this recipe for the contest.
Description: The torte features OREO® Cookie Crumbs, toasted hazelnuts and lavender crust. The crust is lightly baked and piled high with a decadent Lavender Caramel Sauce and fresh black berries. The torte is served with a light dusting of powdered sugar, a large dollop of Lemon Creme Fraiche, several fresh red raspberries and a sprig of fresh mint. Enjoy!!
1 slice 6 Servings
OREO® Cookie Crumbs 1 1/2 Cups
Hazelnuts, chopped, toasted 1/2 Cup
Dried lavender buds, CULINARY GRADE ONLY. 1/4 teaspoon
Butter, melted 1/4 Cup
Lime zest, freshly grated 1 teaspoon
Lavender Caramel Sauce, See Recipe Below
Fresh blackberries, lightly washed and dried 4 Cups
Fresh raspberries, lightly washed and dried, Divided Use 1 cup
Powdered sugar 2 Tablespoons
Lemon Creme Fraiche Cream, See Recipe Below
Fresh mint sprigs 6 each
Lavender Caramel Sauce
Brown sugar 2/3 Cup
Heavy cream, chilled 1/4 Cup
Butter, Room Temperature 1/4 Cup
Dried lavender buds, CULINARY GRADE only 1/4 Teaspoon
Pure vanilla 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon Creme Fraiche Cream
Heavy Cream 2 Cups
Sugar, super fine grain 1/4 Cup
Vintage Lavender Blackberry Caramel Torte Recipe
1. Place the OREO® Cookie Crumbs, hazelnuts, and dried lavender into a food processor and process into crumbs. Place the crumbs into a mixing bowl and gently stir into the crumbs the melted butter.
2. Lightly spray a 10 inch torte pan with a removable bottom with non stick vegetable cooking oil. Place the OREO® Cookie Crumbs into the pan; gently form a crust evenly covering the sides and bottom of the torte pan.
3. Place the torte pan onto a baking tray and place into a 350 degree preheated oven. Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes or until the crust is firm. Remove the torte from the oven and allow to COMPLETELY cool at room temperature.
4. While the torte is cooling prepare the Lavender Caramel Sauce. When the torte has fully cooled arrange the lime zest over the bottom of the torte's crust. Pour the prepared warm Lavender Caramel Sauce evenly over the bottom of the crust; gently spreading with a spatula if necessary. Allow too cool.
5. Beginning in the center of the torte arrange a single layer of blackberries in a tight circular fashion finishing at the outside of the crust.
6. In the center of the torte arrange 1/2 cup of the red raspberries in a tight circular pattern overlapping 2-3 layers for added height.
7. Lightly dust the top of the torte with the powdered sugar using a fine mesh sieve.
A. Cut the torte into 6 serving slices. Between each slice of the torte dip the blade of the knife into hot water and wipe with a clean tea towel to help achieve a clean slice.
B. In the center of six decorative serving platters arrange a slice of the torte. Garnish each platter with a large dollop of Lemon Creme Fraiche Cream, 2-3 red raspberries from the remaining 1/2 cup and a sprig of fresh mint. Enjoy!!