6 lbs. beef, eye of round
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsps. fresh oregano, chopped
6 cups olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
6 lbs. spinach, trimmed, rinsed, dried
4 cups feta cheese, crumbled
6 lbs. tomatoes, wedged
6 cups red onion, julienned
6 cups yellow bell pepper, julienned
6 cups cucumbers, sliced
24 oz. Kalamata olives
1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
DIRECTIONS:1. For beef: Cut beef into 144 half-oz. cubes. Place beef cubes in large bowl.
2. Combine vinegars, lemon juice and seasonings in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in oil until well blended. Pour half mixture (4 cups) over beef; toss well to coat. Cover and chill at least l hour.
3. Remove beef marinade, drain and grill or griddle over medium-high heat just until medium rare, about 4 minutes.
4. Combine spinach and feta in large bowl. Add reserved (4 cups) vinaigrette dressing; toss.
5. For each serving: Place 1 cup of spinach on service plate. Arrange 3 tomato wedges around each spinach portion. Top spinach with 1 oz. (2 Tbsps.) each of: red onion, bell pepper and cucumber. Arrange 6 olives around the edge.
6. Place 3 oz. (6 cubes) of hot beef in center of salads. Sprinkle ½ Tbsp. Parmesan over each salad.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 720 (71% from fat); Fat 57g (sat. 13g); Protein 37g; Carbohydrates 19g; Sodium 1010mg; Cholesterol 85mg; Fiber 6gSERVINGS:24 servings (3-oz. beef portions)From:Recipe from the California Beef Council