INGREDIENTS:1 cup light corn syrup
¼ cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. plumped raisins (divided)
1 cup chopped peanuts
1 9-inch deep dish unbaked Frangelico pie crust (recipe follows)
Frangelico Pie Crust
½ oz. salt
2 tsps. Frangelico liqueur
8 oz. shortening
½ cup waterDIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly beat together corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs. Set aside 2 Tbsps. of raisins for garnish. Stir remaining raisins and chopped peanuts into the mixture.
3. Spread mixture into pie shell.
4. Place pie on a baking pan into the preheated oven. When crust browns (about 15-20 mins.), cover it with foil to prevent burning. Continue baking until filling is a deep brown color and set. Total baking time should be approximately 1 hour.
5. Cool completely. Garnish with whipped cream and reserved raisins.
For Frangelico Pie Crust:
1. In a mixer, cut flour into shortening. Mix for about 3 minutes. Do not overmix. Blend salt, liqueur and water into flour mixture for 3 minutes.
2. Chill mixture for 20 minutes and then cut into two portions. One should be approximately 8 ounces for the bottom crust, the other will be used for the top crust. Roll to fit deep-dish pie pans.SERVINGS:8 servings, 1 pieFrom:Recipes from Chef Billy Scruggs, Federal Reserve Bank (SMS), Richmond, VA