|Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Catering Operation|
|Meal Type: Main Course, Entrée|
|Preparation Method: Simmer|
|Product Type: Turkey Thighs|
|1/2 Pound cannellini beans, soaked in water the night before and drained|
|1 Gallon TURKEY STOCK|
|3 Ounces TURKEY BACON, diced|
|1 Spanish onion, coarse chop|
|2 Large carrots, coarse chop|
|3 Stalks celery, coarse chop|
|3 Cloves garlic, coarse chop|
|1/2 Bunch fresh thyme, chopped|
|2 Large TURKEY THIGHS, cut in half with a band saw|
|As needed extra virgin olive oil|
|6 Ounces dry white wine|
|8 Ounces cooked fresh tomato puree|
|1 Teaspoon fresh orange zest|
- Simmer cannellini beans in turkey stock, bacon and half the mirepoix (onions, carrots, celery, garlic and thyme). Cook until tender.
- Sear turkey thighs in a hot oil until golden brown. Add remaining ingredients, cover tightly.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for about 2 hours or until the turkey is tender.
- Cool turkey to touch and remove turkey from bones.
- Reduce cooking liquid by 1/2. Add drained beans and return turkey to the pan. Cook until piping hot and liquid is sauce consistency.
- Serve atop polenta or risotto.