Establishment: Business and Industry Account, Restaurant, Club Operation
Meal Type: Sandwich, Wrap
Preparation Method: Saute
Product Type: Turkey Cutlets/Steaks
1/2 Cup peanut oil, divided
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 Cup plum sauce
1/2 Cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 Cup smooth peanut butter
2 Teaspoons sesame oil
1 Teaspoon garlic, minced
1 Teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 Cup plum sauce
2 Cups Napa cabbage, shredded
1/4 Cup carrot, grated
1/4 Cup scallion, small dice (green part)
1/4 Cup red pepper, seeded & small dice
1 Cup Mung bean sprouts
1/4 Cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
12 6-inch flour tortillas
4 6-Ounce TURKEY CUTLETS
|Peanut Sauce |
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together peanut oil, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, brown sugar, 1/4 cup plum sauce, 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar and peanut butter until smooth. Serve at room temperature.
- Whisk together sesame oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and 1/2 cup plum sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for later use.
- Coat turkey cutlets in remaining marinade and refrigerate for two hours.
|Asian Vegetable Slaw |
- Toss Napa cabbage, carrot, scallion, red pepper, sprouts, cilantro, 1/2 teaspon ginger, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar and sugar until well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon of peanut oil. Saute turkey cutlets 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan and cut into thin strips.
- Toss turkey with the 1/4 cup reserved marinade.
- In each 6-inch flour tortilla, place 2 ounces turkey, 2 tablespoons slaw and 1 tablespoon peanut sauce. Wrap tightly and serve with a dollop of slaw.
- Serve 3 wraps per portion. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves.
|Recipe Source: Recipe developed by Chef Fred Manion, Lennie's Brewpub, Bloomington, Indiana "Anything Goes, With Turkey" Innovative Menu Contest Winning Recipe, Sandwich Category |
|Nutrition Facts |
|Calories 942 |
|% Daily Value* |
|Total Fat 53g ||50% |
|Cholesterol 105mg || |
|Sodium 946mg || |
|Total Carbohydrate 63g || |
|Protein 59g || |
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on you calorie needs: |
| ||Calories: ||2000 ||2500 |
|Total Fat ||Less than ||65g ||80g |
|Sat Fat ||Less than ||20g ||25g |
|Cholesterol ||Less than ||300mg ||300mg |
|Sodium ||Less than ||2,400mg ||2,400mg |
|Total Carbohydrate || ||300g ||375g |
|Dietary Fiber || ||25g ||30g |
|Calories per gram: |
|Fat 9 || ||Carbohydrate 4 || ||Protein 4 || || |