From: Chefs at Sheraton Gateway Hotel, San Francisco International Airport. Yield: 8 servings.
- 8 4-oz. skinless chicken breasts
- 4 fresh California Avocados, peeled and diced
- 4 heads romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup pea sprouts
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce or salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. miso paste
- 2 tsp. sambal chili paste
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 oz. canola oil
- 1 clove garlic
- to taste, salt and pepper
For dressing: Place garlic, brown sugar, sambal chili paste, miso paste, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil in blender. Mix together and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For salad: Grill or broil chicken. When chicken is cooked through, set aside. Place sliced shiitake mushrooms in a large bowl; add 1 oz. canola oil, salt and pepper to taste and toss together. Remove shiitake from bowl and place on cookie sheet pan and toast in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes, or until shiitakes are browned. In large bowl, mix shredded romaine lettuce, pea sprouts, mung bean sprouts and cilantro with dressing. Place in large bowl. Place rows of diced chicken, diced avocados, julienne of carrots, green onions and shiitakes on top of greens.