Grilling season has arrived, patio dining is in full swing and often, meat makes the meal—steaks, chops, burgers, or other signatures.
A beefy idea from chef/partner Dean Fearing of Fearing’s at The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas is the Dublin Dr. Pepper-Braised Short Ribs with Queso Fresco Corn Whipped Potatoes and Caramelized Tobacco Onions. Meanwhile, from Hard Rock Café comes a spin on a classic: Baked Pasta Pie offers a robust blend of cheese, pasta and hamburger.
Elsewhere, creative sauces boost the flavor profile of meats, seafood and poultry. At Café Juanita in Kirkland, WA, Meyer Lemon Crema complements the rack of lamb with roasted Brussels sprouts and toasted anchovy. At Root and Bone in New York City, Plantain Cream is served with the Lamb Meatloaf. Other ideas: smoked apple barbecue sauce for burgers, Buffalo dipping sauce for bite-sized crab appetizers with blue cheese and tzatziki sauce for Grilled Sesame Turkey Kebabs.
Get inspired by the following recipes:
• Rack of Lamb with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Toasted Anchovy and Meyer Lemon Crema
• Dublin Dr. Pepper Braised Short Ribs with Queso Fresco Corn Whipped Potatoes and Caramelized Tobacco Onions
• Baked Pasta Pie
• Lamb Meatloaf
• Marinated Tempeh with Couscous and Pear Tarragon Chutney
• Grilled Sesame Turkey Kebab
• Crabby Blue Cheese Bites
• Smoked Apple Burgers
• Grilled Sirloin Tacos with BBQ Kimchee