Global grains and fresh seasonal ingredients are just part of the reason customers gravitate to Mediterranean menu items. Who wouldn’t be drawn by the flavors, colors and aromas of Mediterranean cooking? The options range from comfort foods to classics and small plates.
Simplicity and seasonality come through in recipes such as Chef David Blonsky’s Shaved Carrot and Squash Salad at Apeiro Kitchen & Bar in Delray Beach, FL, and Chef Kristine Subido’s Roasted Feta Cheese, Slow-Cooked Tomato Sauce, Za’atar and Grilled Pita. Pasta lovers gravitate toward dishes such as the Penne Mediterranean at Bravo Cucina Italiana, and Chef Art Smith’s recipe for Grilled Salmon and Citrus Pistachio Couscous Salad. Other recipes include Creamy Penne with Blue Cheese and Grapes, and Moroccan Beef with Honey Spice Couscous. Check out these flavorful ideas that demonstrate why the cooking of this sunny region holds such appeal.
• Shaved Carrot and Squash Salad
• Penne Mediterranean
• Creamy Penne with Blue Cheese and Grapes
• Moroccan Beef with Honey-Spice Couscous
• Grilled Salmon and Citrus Pistachio Couscous Salad
• Roasted Feta Cheese, Slow-Cooked Tomato Sauce, Za’atar and Grilled Pita
• The Garibaldi Cocktail
• Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Feta Souffle
• Greek Salad with Eggplant Croutons