1. Preheat broiler or salamander.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine figs, water and sherry.
3. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat and let the figs soak in the mixture. Mold the goat cheese into two 1 lb logs.
4. Place the logs of cheese onto a cookie sheet and cover in sliced almonds.
5. Place into preheated salamander or oven until the edges begin to bubble and the almonds are golden brown.
6. Pour the olive oil into a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
7. Add the whole natural almonds and onions and cook until lightly browned. Add figs and sherry mixture.
8. Reduce until the liquid becomes syrup resulting in 43 oz.
9. Remove from heat and spoon over the toasted almond crusted goat cheese.
10. Slice 25 3 oz portions and serve with 2 slices of baguette.