Tim Love is the chef/owner of several Texas restaurants, including Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Woodshed Smokehouse, Queenie’s Steakhouse, Love Shack and White Elephant Saloon. He is also the host of CNBC’s newest show, Restaurant Startup.
1. One thing you don’t know about me is that I’m the youngest of seven kids.
2. If I could trade places with one chef it would be Mario Batali. I love Italian food and his simple approach to cooking and life overall. What a great man!
3. If there was no steak, I’d have no reason to live.
4. My go-to drink is tequila. I love it in all of its forms—straight, as a Margarita and as an Old Fashioned.
5. If I were on death row, my last meal would be grilled New York Strip, potato puree and a freshly picked salad from the garden with citrus. And, of course, a bad-ass bottle of Cabernet.
6. If I could change one thing about me, I would be more patient.
7. My favorite junk food is Doritos. I love them.
8. If I wasn’t a restaurant operator, I’d love to be a professional soccer player or a late-night talk show host.
9. If I could have a last meal with anyone living or dead, it would be my whole immediate family—mom, dad, brothers and sisters and their husbands and wives and all of my kids and their kids.
10. For the meal I would have an enormous outdoor picnic of grilled meats, fresh green salads and fresh pizza from the wood oven. We’d drink watermelon Margaritas, rosé and Sancerre.