Yield: 8 servings.
- 16 oz. Phillips King Crab Meat (segmented into desired sized pieces)
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeeze lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeno jelly
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. tequila
- 2 cups peeled ripe cantaloupe
- melon, 1” chopped
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sanding sugar
- as needed, lime juice to “rim” glasses
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- optional, for garnish, lime wedges
in a small mixing bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno jelly, orange juice and tequila.
Fold in melon and king crab meat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors before serving.
To serve: Mix salt and sugar together. Rim each glass with lime juice. dip in salt/ sugar mixture to coat. Place about 2 to 4 Tbsp. shredded lettuce in bottom of each margarita or other style glass. Mound marinated king crab and melon mixture on top. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.