Yield: 8 servings.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef® flat iron to taste, salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 small butternut squash, roasted until al dente and medium dice
- 12 crimini mushrooms, medium dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on bias
- 1 eggplant, medium dice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 small spaghetti squash, roasted until al dente and scooped
- 4 cups beef stock
Season beef with salt and pepper. In large saute pan over medium-high heat, sear beef, then cook at lower temperature to medium rare. Remove from heat; let rest and slice on bias.
In same pan, cook butternut squash, mushrooms, celery, carrot, scallion, eggplant and garlic. Deglaze with wine. Heat spaghetti squash in beef stock.
Spoon spaghetti squash into bowl. Top with vegetables and place beef around. Pour stock over the top to finish stew.