A 10-step program can help restaurants beef up digital marketing. The restaurant industry could face tough times ahead, some reports say. Shake Shack aims to avoid brand dilution as it rapidly expands. Washington, D.C., restaurants are fighting proliferating food trucks. And New York is among cities cracking down on sidewalk cafés.
• How to implement successful digital marketing. This 10-step plan can help restaurants get their marketing strategy up to speed. (4Hoteliers)
• Forecasts for restaurant sectors won’t whet appetites. Industry reports give differing views of how difficult times might get. (Columbus Dispatch)
• Shake Shack gets bigger by seeming smaller. Does the burger chain's rapid expansion threaten the very qualities that make it appealing? (Grub Street)
• Washington stalls food truck lobby. Brick-and-mortar restaurants in Washington, D.C., are ready to play politics. (Bloomberg)
• New York cracks down on sidewalk cafés. Other cities have also been cracking down on outdoor seating. (New York Observer)