Yield: 12 servings.
- 4 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 2 qt. Dole® Frozen Mango Chunks, partially defrosted and drained
- 3 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 11/2 cups red onion, minced
- 3 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 quart Dole® Frozen Mango Chunks, pureed
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 4 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
Heat 2 quarts water to a boil. Stir in quinoa and bring to a boil again. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes or until quinoa absorbs almost all the water. Fluff with a fork and let stand for 15 minutes. Cool.
Combine cooked quinoa, 2 qt. mango chunks, raisins, celery and red onion. Add almonds just before serving.
Puree 1 qt. mango chunks, sour cream, vinegar, curry powder, garlic salt and pepper.
Add to quinoa salad, tossing to blend, just before serving.