Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Catering Operation
Ethnicity: New American
Meal Type: Main Course, Entrée
Preparation Method: Oven Finish, Grill
Product Type: Bone-In Breast
Chipotle Apple Cider Sauce
3 Tablespoons corn oil
2-1/4 Cups roasted red peppers, drained and medium chop
1-1/2 Cups chopped sweet onion
3/4 Cup chopped celery
3/4 Cup chopped carrot
6 Medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
3+ Cups TURKEY STOCK
1-1/2+ Cups apple cider
1/2 Cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons canned chipotle chilies, coarsely chopped
As needed chopped carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper for garnish
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add roasted peppers, onion, celery, carrot and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add stock and apple cider. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat about 15 minutes. Add whipping cream and chipotle chilies and simmer 5+ minutes longer.
- Transfer sauce to blender. Puree until smooth. Strain sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thin sauce with additional stock and cider if necessary.
- Note: Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Re-warm sauce over low heat before service.
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Cup celery, fine dice
1 Cup carrot, peeled & finely diced
1-1/2 Cups red onion, brunoise
1-1/4 Cups red bell pepper, brunoise
1-1/4 Cups yellow bell pepper, brunoise
3 Cups button mushrooms, medium chop
1 Cup black olives, pitted and medium chop
1 Cup scallions, green section only, medium chop
1/2 Cup TURKEY BACON, cooked and finely chopped
3 Cups TURKEY CANADIAN BACON, brunoise
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, red onion, red and yellow bell peppers. Sweat this mixture until vegetables just start to soften but still retain their fresh color.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in mushrooms, olives, scallions and bacons. Adjust seasonings. Cover and hold in refrigerator.
8 Pounds WHOLE TURKEY BREAST, halved and trimmed clean
To Taste salt and pepper
- Remove the bone, then butterfly the breast. Place on a clean surface and pound to an even thickness.
- Lightly salt and pepper. Spread half the stuffing mixture over each turkey breast section, ½-inch thick. Spread to within 1-inch of the sides and bottom and 3-inches from the top.
- With slight pressure, tightly roll the roulade. Tie the roulade with butcher’s twine, starting at the center and working out.
- Repeat with the second breast half.
- Grill or pan sear the roulades and finish in a 350-degree F oven until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. Hold, warm for service.
- Cut the roulades into ½-inch slices.
- Nap each warm dinner plate with Chipotle Apple Cider Sauce. Fan 3 roulade slices (about 6-ounces) across each dinner plate.
- Garnish with additional chopped vegetables.
Recipe Source: Recipe developed by Chef Norm Taylor of Pinetop Country Club, Pinetop, AZ.