1. Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold running water and allow to air-dry. Remove outer leaves, if desired. Cut an even 3-inch hole around the core. Remove the core and inner leaves to create a bowl.
2. Place the cut vegetables in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and kosher salt. Toss well to ensure even coverage of the vegetables.
3. Heat barbecue grill to medium temperature and brush the surface with a small amount of olive oil. To grill the vegetables, close the cover to create a baking environment, turn the vegetables to give them nice grill marks and remove when done. The cooking time varies depending on the texture and thickness of the vegetables, approximately 6-8 minutes.
4. Cut grilled vegetables and place back into the large mixing bowl.
5. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and pepper. Toss gently and keep warm until ready to serve.
6. Cut each roll into 8 slices and coat each slice with coarsely ground walnuts. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350° F for 3 minutes.
7. To serve, spoon the warm grilled vegetables into the Iceberg Babies® bowl and arrange some around the plate for presentation. Place two slices of warm goat cheese on top.
“Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies provide the perfect edible vessel for a functional and elegant presentation.”