In this week’s recap of the Top 10 most popular Restaurant Hospitality articles, Senate passes COVID-19 stimulus package, increasing aid for small restaurants to $28.6 billion ranked as the week’s top story. The Senate began debate on Friday morning and ended with a vote around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday after a “vote-a-rama” featuring suggested changes from both parties. The entire bill heads to the House for a vote this week. Among other stories in this week’s gallery:
- The $25 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund has passed in the House as part of Biden’s COVID-19 rescue package;
- New on the Menu: Oyster pie and tiramisu-inspired ramen; and
- Texas, Chicago, San Francisco and more cities and states around the country are loosening COVID-19 restrictions.
In other news, here are 10 new restaurants we’re dying to try this spring, indies urge White House officials to fight for restaurant industry relief and chef Fabio Viviani explains how investing in a virtual brand development company will bring his dishes to new markets.
Other top stories:
- Green Tracker: Fueling your restaurant with alternative energy sources;
- 5 Things: Massachusetts to open indoor dining to 100% capacity March 1; and
- Fast-casual spinoffs that are here to stay.