INGREDIENTS:20 lbs. tater tots, frozen
1 lb., 8 oz. margarine or butter
1 lb., 8 oz. all purpose flour
3 Tbsps.+1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsps. dry mustard
2 tsps. white pepper
2 Tbsps. paprika
2 gal.+2 qts. low-fat milk or reconstituted nonfat dry milk
1 Tbsp.+1 tsp.Worcestershire sauce
1 gal.+1 qt. low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1 qt. soft bread crumbs
2 qts. low-fat cheddar cheese, shreddedDIRECTIONS:1. Melt margarine or butter in a stock pot or steam jacketed kettle.
2. Combine flour, salt, dry mustard, white pepper and paprika in a bowl. Add to the melted margarine. Cook this for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring continuously. Do not brown.
3. Heat milk in a stockpot to a simmer, then slowly add milk to the flour mixture, stirring continuously. Cook until smooth and thickened.
4. Add Worcestershire sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese to the white sauce. Stir over low heat until cheese melts.
5. Combine tater tots and sauce. Carefully mix together. Place 10 lb., 6 oz. into three, 12 x 20 x 2 ½ in. steam table pans. Cover with a lid or foil.
6. Bake in a convention oven heated to 350°F for 30 minutes (or at 325°F for 25 minutes in a convention oven) until heated throughout.
7. For the topping: Combine the bread crumbs and cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle 3 cups over each pan. Bake an additional 5 minutes, uncovered, until lightly browned.
SERVINGS:100 servings, ½ cup servingsThis recipe is a modified version of the USDA’s New Macaroni and Cheese recipe. Emeril substituted tater tots for the elbow macaroni.From: